Priory Park was opened in 1932. At the southern end of the park are the remains of the 900-year old Dudley Priory. The Priory was one of a network of priories and monasteries that were established in England after the Norman Conquest of 1066.
In the Protestant reformation many church properties were taken over by King Henry VIII. Over the years, the unattended Priory was plundered regularly by local people, who took the building stones to use on their own houses.
We visited Priory Park in June 2018.